It’s that time of year again! Where the B-inspired team go out and about in the community with a mission to speak to as many Braunstone residents as possible. Yes, it’s Neighbourhood Action Plan time!
Previously our five priorities were:
- Increasing Activities for Older People
- Improving Health
- Academic Achievement
- Reducing Risky Lifestyles in Young People
- Reducing Antisocial Behaviour
We know its seems like two years has gone so quickly. However, during this time we have managed to achieve the following:
- Maintaining and enhancing a Befriending scheme to combat social isolation in over 55’s
- Successfully run 2 ‘Talk Time’ groups for over 55’s at risk of social isolation.
- ‘The pride in Braunstone’ clean-up campaign, litter picking and clearing up gardens on the estate.
- Run a range of free community events.
- Run a sports and physical activities programme for people of all ages and abilities.
- Run a sports apprentice programme.
- Run a specific employability service for young adults.
- Improved Braunstone Foodshare to enable healthier food choices.
- Run a community growing project to improve mental health / well-being and generate fresh fruit and vegetables for Braunstone Foodshare.
- Support those on low income with reasonably priced goods at The Garage Sale.
- Offer positive volunteering opportunities for local residents with 1-2-1 support and training covering; life skills and employability.
- Infrastructure support through regular Neighbourhood Management Board meetings.
What you say in the Neighbourhood Action Plan really does matter to us! So, if you would like to have your say on the work B-inspired does over the next two years. Please complete our online survey, through the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DBYXHD5