b-enterprising is based at our high quality managed office space Business Box. B-enterprising leads the Leicester for Business programme and offers free enterprise support in various areas of Leicester city, enabled by a consortium approach. It comprises a blend of skilled and experienced charitable, not for private profit and private limited organisations.
The purpose of the consortium is to offer two distinct types of enterprise support services.
1 Start Up Now
- Pre Start support to individuals thinking of becoming self employed or starting a limited company. Start Up Now will consist of workshops, business seminars, 1-2-1 coaching/mentoring sessions and networking.
- Workshops: 6 sessions covering the broad essentials - Business planning, idea development, resources, legal, budgets/finance etc.
- Seminars: Stand alone events covering business relevant subjects- Confidence & Motivation, Search engine optimisation, social media, raising finance, marketing, raising finance etc.
- 1-2-1support: Facilitated by qualified, experienced business coaches/mentors - at least 6 sessions available.
- Networking: Clients are invited to participate in our bi monthly 'Meet & Mingle' networking events.
"We work at your pace and help you to decide whether to start your business or not. We invest time in you, to build your knowledge and understanding of business start up. We typically support clients for 3 months to 1 year".
This element of the programme will be available to those wanting to start up in business and thereafter through to registration. Once registered, ongoing support will be provided by a business mentor for up to 12 months.
2 Small Business Work Out
The small business workout programme will help existing business owners overcome problems early in the life of the business and will focus them towards sustainability and growth. To aid business survival, once a business has been established they will be matched with a Business Coach for up to 12 months, to ensure that they receive the support required and achieve the objectives set out in their business plan.
The programme will consist of the following main components:
- A company skills needs analysis - pre and post programme participation analysis of how well the business is performing.
- 1-2-1 coaching
- A specialist mentor with market specific knowledge.
- Business Plan Clinic.
- Networking - the creation of a business hub model bringing together the business start-ups in a positive peer network within the city.
Members of the consortium
Pro Active Resolutions and Excalibur UK